You don’t need to hire a professional to do this.
How to measure – Inside installation
For windows with a depth of 2 inches 1/2 or more,
BLINDS ON SALE EXPRESS recommends opting for an inside installation.
Also, no matter the size of your window, its frame must be a minimum of 2 inches 1/2 deep. Otherwise, the housings of your blinds will not be properly recessed into your window.
To properly determine the dimensions of your window, you need to measure the width at the top of the inner window frame as accurately as possible (see illustration).
- Don’t subtract any inches! We automatically deduct ⅛” (for each side) from the measurement provided in order to leave space for the mechanism.
- The blind fabric will be 1 ¼” less than the measured width in order to keep a small space on each side.
How to measure – Outside installation
For an outside installation,
measure the exact width and height of your window frame outside.
- Do not subtract any width when choosing the dimensions of your blinds.
How to measure – Patio doors
If your patio door is double,
you need to measure the total width of your patio doors.
Then select a blind for each panel (one chain on the right, one chain on the left).
- For patio doors with 3 or 4 panels, please contact us by email, we will be able to assist you with your order.
- Don’t subtract any inches, we’ll do it for you!
Still unsure about measuring your windows and patio doors?
Be sure to measure twice to avoid any mistakes.
But if you’re still not sure about the right dimensions for your blinds, please don’t hesitate to contact our team.